Boy, who knew Jessica Simpson was up for an ACE Award for Whackiest New Dance Groove?
Nah, she wasn’t. She just had a tripping episode when her heel got stuck in a NYC sidewalk grate Monday. Poor girl. At least she seems to be having a good laugh at her own expense. You gotta lover her easy-going nature, that’s for sure.
As much as that moment seemed to steel the show, there actually were awards to be handed out for other fashion-related things. A quick rundown on the evening’s winners:
- A blue-haired Marc Jacobs scored Designer of the Year for his luxurious signature collection and his younger Marc by Marc Jacobs brand. Jacobs also designs accessories for the fabulous Louis Vuitton brand and collaborated with artist Richard Prince for his line shown on the Paris runways in October.
- Actress Mandy Moore was named Fashion Innovator.
- Heidi Klum received the Fashion Influencer award. Fitting, since Ms. Klum now has her hands in the jewelry designing pot in addition to her Victoria’s Secret Makeup Line.
- Designer Tory Burch scored the Accessory Brand Launch award for her new line.
- Macy’s was recognized with the Retailer of the Year award.
- Harper’s Bazaar got Magazine of the Year
- Scoop is the Specialty Retailer of the Year
- Bridget Foley scored the Marylou Luther Award for Fashion Journalism
- Nancy Gonzales was the Brand of the Year
- And finally, the fabulous Valentino received the Lifetime Achievement Award, which was accepted on his behalf by Helena Christensen and Lucy Liu
Oh, and inn case you were wondering what Jess was doing there: She was a presenter. And, no, she did not trip while up on stage. Thank Heavens.